Photos Of The Aerial Ferry Bridge

Before it was the Aerial Lift Bridge, the Duluth icon was the Aerial Ferry Bridge. When the span linking Canal Park to Park Point first opened in 1905, a gondola – or “aerial ferry” carried passengers and vehicles across the ship canal. The bridge was converted to its present lift-and-lower span in the winter of…
Read More

Warehouse Bar, 1984

July 27, 1984 Butch Curran, owner of the Warehouse Bar, stands in the newly opened dance area attached to the bar and grill on July 23, 1984. (Jack Rendulich / News-Tribune) It’s cool down at the Warehouse By Bob Ashenmacher, News-Tribune staff writer The surprise hit of this year’s Grandma’s Marathon weekend was the Warehouse.…
Read More