Here are a couple of undated photos of the News Tribune’s building. The first probably dates to about 1910; the second, judging by the cars visible, to the 1920s:
Click on the images for a larger view. Of note:
- The old house in the first photo has been encapsulated in a new facade in the second
- The former city gas company building that still stands next door to the DNT (it’s now condominiums and offices) is visible at the far left of the second image
- The nice lit facade of the Duluth Herald building
So the Duluth Herald was the first paper on the site, later joined by the News-Tribune. Eventually the old house / “Herald Annex” was demolished and replaced with an expanded, standard office building for a growing newspaper. There main Duluth Herald building — the 1902 structure visible in the photographs — is part of the much-changed, much-altered, much-expanded DNT building that exists today.
Here are a few more photos: